37 Blaauwberg Road
Time Business park
Table View 7441, South Africa
Visual Design, Marketing & Branding
Cape Town, Western Cape
Jun 30, 2020
Job Posting Date:
Feb 25, 2020
As a 3D modeler you will be responsible for creating virtual worlds and characters. You will be breathing life into sketches and concept art. You will be working in a team with lots of other talented artists, engineers and programmers. You must be well versed with industry standard 3D modeling programs and tools. Good spatial skills and a well honed sense of color and design will help you succeed in this job.
• Create and manage digital assets.
• Interpret concept art and sketches to create virtual characters, environment and props.
• Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints.
• Prototype and iterate on models and characters based on feedback from team members.
• Create textures and UV maps.
• Optimize, refine and correct model geometry.
• Rig models and characters for animation.
• Work with artists, animators and programmers to execute projects on time.
• Keep abreast with the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modeling tools and technologies.
• Expert level knowledge of 3D design and animation tools such as 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush etc.
• An eye for detail and good visualization skills.
• Ability to take feedback and make changes as required.
• Extensive knowledge of character design, rigging, skinning etc.
• Some familiarity with animation techniques.
• Good communication skills.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in 3D design and modeling.
• Formal training and qualifications in the relevant field is required.
• Some scripting experience will be an added bonus.